Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 47: homeward bound

I can officially say I have biked home from Los Angeles.

Where to start... I was bouncing on Friday morning.  Literally. Before 7am.

We left London in decent time and stopped to chat with Rachel's aunt and uncle a few KMs out.  My aunt Aurelia tracked us down in Woodstock.

In New Dundee this beautiful family was waiting, and maybe giggling just a bit.


Then these crafty bakers popped up next:


And then there was a lot of girly squealing and screeching with some of the many fantastic women of Woodland:


It was finally time for hugs from Hunses.


And then more patient cheer-ers showed up.


What a great day of colliding worlds.  Thank you for all the love, support, encouragement and interest in our journey.  





2 comments:

  1. Welcome home, if only for a day. YOu forgot to mention the chocolate bars waiting at the end of the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were from you? Thanks! I'll admit, I wasn't hungry after all the baked goods, but many cyclists dove right in!

    ReplyDelete